Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 26 of Cushing's Awareness: 15 years at a glance.

Today my husband and I have been married for 15 years!  I am really glad that I've been lucky enough to be married to a great man who has stood by me during some pretty rough times.  When we got married I was already sick, but I didn't know I was sick.  I didn't even know what Cushing's Syndrome was, but I knew that my weight and weight gain was not normal and something always seemed off about it.  I was still able to function as a normal person for the most part.  Almost all my jobs during that time had crazy hours, so I was always up until 5 in the morning, so maybe I never was aware just how off my body was.  It seemed normal for me to be up all night and then finally feel myself getting tired when the sun would come out.  

I wish I could turn back the clock and know all that I know now.  Back in 1997, the Internet was not a fraction of what it is today.  Most households didn't have a computer or the Internet yet.  I suppose even if I had known what I know now, I still wouldn't have been able to connect to all the other Cushie's online and read about all their stories.  The stories that have inspired me, given me the courage to keep on my path, the strength to continue to learn more about Cushing's and help fit all the pieces together.

It is truly amazing and crazy at the same time how much the world and myself have changed during those 15 years.  I hope that in another 15 years I am able to look back and reflect how much my life has changed for the better.  My kids will be adults, possibly in college, and I will be better and able to look back and reflect on how something so wonderful can be born from the depths of such a devastating illness.  I will defeat this. 

I had to have a CT of my sinuses done today.  They tried putting in and I.V. six times and blew several veins before they called down another nurse to use a Doppler to find a better vein.  It was not a fun ordeal, but thankfully the seventh try was a success and I was finally able to get the CT scan done.  Cushing's has obliterated my veins and today was a reminder of just how sick my body still is.  I hope that they figure out why everything smells and tastes off and figure out why I can't get rid of these infections since my surgery.  Hopefully I will know something soon.  I am just ready to get whatever is going on in there taken care of.  I feel it's hindering my recovery so much at this point.  Here is to hoping that they see what the problem is and the remedy is fairly simple.  I'm not looking forward to the possibility of surgery, simply because I am petrified of them messing in the same area that I had the artery bleed in, but I know that I need to do whatever is necessary to get better.  All I have to do is look at my kids and my husband and the solution is simple.  Fight on.  

Happy Anniversary, Hubby. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hiya... I've just found your blog and have been reading through it (mostly backwards!) as I believe I've got cushing's syndrome/disease and am trying to make a doctor take me seriously. Unfortunately I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which shares many of the symptoms, and the docs keep putting my problems down to that, despite me having done a cortisol test and having abnormally high levels. (It was only a blood test - not a saliva one).
    One thing that struck me from this post, was you mentioning that your veins blew when they tried to I.V. you. I recently had a baby, and had to be induced due to liver problems. When the midwife tried to get the IV in my hand the veins would collapse and blow everytime. She tried three times, on both hands, before getting a doc to do it. At the time she was moaning about my skin and veins being weak... and I've suspected that the skin on my hands is much thinner that normal for ages now. Does this sound like another lesser known cushing's issue? Or coincidence? I'm 35, but the skin on my hands is paper thin and soft like an old ladies. Any advice would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete